(1) The main entrance to the Main Earth and Ocean Sciences Building is located on the east side of the building behind the East Earth and Ocean Sciences Building. This entrance includes a ramp and is level and accessible with a power door. This entrance leads to the main lobby of the building, the Earth and Ocean Science Reception Desk, and the museum.
(2) The second entrance is located on the east side of the building. This entrance is inaccessible due to stairs and has a manual door.
(3) The third entrance is located at the rear of the building on the west side. This entrance includes a ramp and is level and accessible with a manual door. This entrance is a loading entrance.
Other Accessibility Features
- External Accessible Ramp
- Accessible Elevator Available
- Accessible Washroom Available
Closest Accessible Parking
- West Parkade
THERE ARE 2 ACCESSIBLE SPOTS ON LEVEL 4 IN THE SOUTH EAST CORNER BY THE SOUTH WALK WAY TO WEST MALL AND 2 ACCESSIBLE SPOTS ON LEVEL 4 IN THE NORTH EAST CORNER BY THE NORTH WALKWAY TO WEST MALL.
To reach the Main Earth and Ocean Sciences Building from West Mall, use the switchbacked path near Biological Sciences Road to access entrance #1 or entrance #3.
None. This building is fully accessible.
The paving on the hill at the south end of the building on Stores Road is very steep and uneven. Use caution.