1866 Main Mall
Search for related Web Site [W] and Directory [D] information by clicking the appropriate link below, or see the UBC.ca site's list of A
to Z UBC Web Sites.
- Arts Academic Advising [D] [W]
- Arts Instructional Support and Information Technology [D] [W]
- Arts Undergraduate Society [D] [W]
- Classical, Near Eastern and Religious Studies [D] [W]
- Continuing Studies [D] [W]
- Creative Writing [D] [W]
- Dean of Arts [D] [W]
- Faculty of Arts [D] [W]
- First Nations Languages Program [D] [W]
- First Nations Studies Program [D] [W]
- Food Services [D] [W]
- Philosophy [D] [W]
- Political Science [D] [W]
Services at this Location
Check the availability of UBC wireless network access at this location.
View Facilities Manager contact information for this location (facilities maintenance, operations and renovation issues).
Unique Location Features / Special Usage
- Arts 200 Cafe, Arts Academic Advising
History / Points of Interest
Year Erected: 2004
The Buchanan Building began in 1956 with Block A. Blocks B and C followed in 1958, and in 1960 Blocks D and E were built. The Dean's office addition to Block B was constructed in 1968. The former Dean of Arts and Sciences, Daniel Buchanan, who passed away in 1950, is the namesake for the buildings. The complex is built under the influence of the Modern Movement in architecture, particularly the architecture of Mies van der Rohe.