Irving K. Barber Learning Centre
1961 East Mall
Short Form (SIS) Name: IBLC
Search for related Web Site [W] and Directory [D] information by clicking the appropriate link below, or see the UBC.ca site's list of A
to Z UBC Web Sites.
- Arts One Program [D] [W]
- AVP - Human Resources [D] [W]
- Centre for Teaching, Learning and Technology [D] [W]
- Coordinated Arts Program [D] [W]
- Coordinated Science Program [D] [W]
- Enrollment Serivces Professionals [D] [W]
- Food Services [D] [W]
- General Classroom Facilities [D] [W]
- Library [D] [W]
- School of Library, Archival & Information Studies(Slais) [D] [W]
- Science One Program [D] [W]
Services at this Location
Check the availability of UBC wireless network access at this location.
View Facilities Manager contact information for this location (facilities maintenance, operations and renovation issues).
Unique Location Features / Special Usage
- Chapman Learning Commons, Special Collections and Rare Books, Science and Engineering Library, Fine Arts Library, Chung Collection
History / Points of Interest
Year Erected: 1927
The centre wing of Main Library was built in 1924 and 1925 and was one of the first permanent buildings constructed on the new Point Grey campus. The North wing of the building was added in 1948, and the South wing in 1960. Currently, the library is undergoing extensive renovations, which are expected to be completed by 2006.